Thursday, April 19, 2012

South Carolina

In a couple weeks Colin will be making his first BIG trip and plane ride!! Ryan has a training in South Carolina... when he found out he had the training I thought, what are the odds this training is anywhere  near my family that I have in SC. I looked it up and to my surprise his training was 17 miles from where my Great Aunt and Uncle live. What were the odds?  My Great Uncle is pretty sick. he was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure earlier this year, which is essentially what my grandma died of. He seems to be doing ok though I heard he is living off of one artery because the other is blocked and they can't do surgery because they don't think he would survive it. Eeek.

I *barely* had enough leave to make this trip... in fact when we get back I won't have any at all again! lol. But I thought it was really important to go see him and so he can meet his Great Great nephew! How cool is that?  We have this longstanding joke that every time I talk to him I make a point to call him my GREAT Uncle. He gets a big ole kick out of it. When we called to tell him we were coming he was so excited. He said he will get to see his "Great niece and Great nephew and Great Great nephew... that's a lot of Greats!" Lol He is such a cute and sweet little old Italian man and I am really excited to go visit! :) His kids also live in the area and one of them lived in NM while I was growing up and I was pretty close to her and her kids and haven't seen her since she moved back when I was in high school! It will be nice to catch up for sure and everyone is excited to meet Colin!

That being said I am incredibly nervous to be flying with a baby!  Lol  Any advice? I don't even know where to begin. I need to do lots of research. Like how do you fly with a carseat? Do you check it as baggage? I hope we will be able to occupy and distract Colin for the plane ride (or he will sleep) so he isn't one of those screaming babies! I suppose I will do lots of breast feeding so his little ears pop... poor guy! I hope we survive ok! Lol.

No comments: