Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Momma's boy

Last night was interesting. Colin was really tired... he usually is after the day with the sitter... so we was asleep and in his crib by 8:30. I was really trying to get some good sleep because I was REALLY tired, but I just layed there wide awake not able to sleep. Grrr... I was watching TV (the voice to be exact) when I heard the baby monitor go off. He was only asleep in his crib for an hour and 15 minutes. Ugh... he hasn't had that little of a first sleep stretch since he was very little.

Ryan was up so he went and got him and was going to rock him back to sleep. He rocked him and went to put him down and the second he touched the crib he woke up and started crying. Rinse and repeat several times and Ryan gave up and brought him into our room. Colin saw me and started reaching for me and within seconds of laying down next to me his eyes closed and he passed out.

We kinda chuckled because it was like, really??? That is all it took. Ryan said he even tried laying down with him in the nursery and he wasn't having it. He said, I guess he just wanted his momma... and I think he is right.

He wasn't hungry because I never fed him and he slept next to me until 1:30 or so... about 5 hrs between feedings. I honestly don't think it is solid foods because he wasn't sleeping well for about 2 weeks before I started solids and his sleeping is still crappy. Plus he isn't actually eating very much food... he still is getting the hang of the whole eating thing. Some nights I wonder if he even swallows any, but rather just makes a mess... but that is a whole other blog and boy do I have some cute pictures! Lol

Someone told me something today that totally stuck with me.... sometimes babies just need their Mommies. With life changing so drastically, mommy is the constant and provides lots of comfort. With all day at the sitters and learning to crawl and eat... there area a lot of changes going on in his life and I can't fault him for wanting a little bit of extra mommy time. I think he is a lot more needy when it comes to me than most babies. I learned that in the beginning of his life when he ONLY wanted to sleep with me and no where else... he is definitely a momma's boy right now. I need treasure t his time because in a few years he probably won't want anything to do with me! Lol

No comments: