Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weight

That's right... I'm going to go there... I'm going to blog about my weight. Eeeek.

I know... I know. My baby is only 2 months and 2 wks old.  It took 9 months to put the weight on.. I can't expect it to just come off in a couple months... but lets be honest... I kind of did.

I stayed as fit as I could while pregnant. I walked on the treadmill nearly everyday... played soccer until I was 5 months and did Zumba until about 6 months or so. I was probably more active pregnant than I was before. I thought because of that, I wouldn't gain that much and what I did gain would come off pretty easy after I had the baby, especially since I was breastfeeding.... I thought the baby would just suck the fat out of me...that has not been the case.

Before we started trying to get pregnant I was about 135. A pretty ideal weight for me. When I went off birth control my weight jumped up... the highest I'd ever weighed in the 140s. I think the highest number I remember was 148... around last Thanksgiving. I freaked out and started exercising more and eating better and calorie counting. I got down to about 144 before we got pregnant.  During my pregnancy I got up to 175... gaining about 30 lbs... which I was pretty happy with. I left the hospital about 9 lbs lighter than I went in after I had Colin.  And I am now at my lowest number since Colin at 152 (on the dot... as of this morning).  My goal was to at least get back into the 140's before I went back to work. I am not sure that is going to happen.. as I return back in 13 days. Lol. But I also just started exercising again within the last week or two so I am hoping that will help and so far it has. I was stuck at 153 for a long time, then during Christmas... all those darn delicious cookies that people gave me... I jumped back up to like 155. Then I started exercising and I've lost about a pound a week since then.

I am not good at eating healthy. Especially just sitting at home. I don't like cooking just for myself and tend to eat worse when I am home alone. When I was pregnant I hardly ate ANY veggies.. that's right.. I said it. I blamed it on the kid... and some of that was true, but I still don't really eat very many veggies after he is here! :)  Don't worry... I drank stupid V8 fusion juice to make up for that so my kid wasn't deprived of nutrition in the womb.  :)  Maybe if I ate better then these last pounds would come off a bit easier! Lol

I know I need to patient and that in time I will hopefully go back down in weight... although I'm not sure my body will ever be the same. I may have to give up on fitting back into my old jeans again and buy a  pair that is a size up... but I'm not quite ready to do that yet!

I am not looking forward to going back to work to listen to my stupid coworker who, supposedly lost all her baby weight AND MORE before she came back from maternity leave and needed smaller work pants and was tinier than she was in high school... tell me how I ...almost... look the same.  I might have to be mean and tell her to suck it.  I hate hearing about people who've lost more weight than they started out with... those people are freaks of nature. :) And my new goal is to hopefully be back into my old jeans comfortably by this summer.

So there.. I did it. I just blogged about my weight! Yuck!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

It took me about a year after each kid to get back to pre pregnancy weight. And you are true... your body may never be the same. Your hips can be a bit wider... I could never fit into my jeans from before Diego. Just pick the jeans you love and ditch the rest.

And by all means... tell her to suck it!