Thursday, December 15, 2011

6 week check up

I had my 6 week check up on Tuesday... Colin hasn't had his one month check up yet and it is 5 weeks out... Safe to say there was a bit of a scheduling mix up! Lol

I was excited and nervous for my apt. because it was the first time seeing my doctor since Colin was 5 days old. I've had so many issues since then that I was anxious to tell her everything that had been going on.

I told her all of my breast feeding issues and everything I had gone through and of course broke down and cried, but fought my tears!  She felt so bad and apologized profusely. If she had been at Colin's 2 week apt, she would have heard it all then, but she was on vacation and we had a fill in dr. I had called her office to talk to her after our apt. with the fill in, but her nurse called me back and said she'd address our issues at Colin's 1 month check up. So I think she felt really bad for kind of dismissing me and as she said, leaving me hanging in the wind.  She could not believe I was still breastfeeding after all of that drama and kept telling me I was a very tough and strong woman and that most people, including herself would have given up. I told her I was stubborn! :)

She seemed a lot more open to cutting Colin's tongue tie than the other doctor was. She said she never rules out anything and that his tongue tie could've very well been causing me issues breastfeeding.  She of course has to see him and his tongue first before she can really say anything. She did say if it was very tight that they will break themselves without clipping, but his apt. with her is TODAY (yay!) so I am anxious to hear what she says.

It was a good visit, I am all healed down below, except one of my "dissolve able" stitches hadn't dissolved... so she had to take that out. Fun stuff. I am cleared for everything and I am excited to start Zumba next week and today I walked on the treadmill and did sit ups! :)

Colin's apt is this afternoon and I am soo excited to hear how much he has grown!!  At birth he was 6.13 and his 5 day apt. he was 6.5 and at his 2 week apt. he was 7.5 pounds.  I just weighed him on the scale here at home and I got 10.2 pounds!!! I'm not sure of the accuracy of my scale, last time I was about 3 or 4 ounces off... so we shall see!  Plus I am betting he is close to 24 inches long... he is such a long kid!  Soo excited! :)

No comments: