Monday, October 17, 2011

Stressin over work and labor....

Ryan started a HUGE work project today. It is a month long project and considering I am due in 22 days... there is a pretty good chance I will go into labor while he is on this project. It is safe to say that he is a little stressed out about that.

He works 45 minutes out of town and there is no cell phone service out there. The project has him out of the office and in the field, which means if I am in labor, I can't even call him at his office.

I figured it is no big deal, because the average first time mom is in labor for at least 15 hours... but I have to be honest, I am a little bit nervous as well. I'd hate to go into labor while Ryan is working and end up at the hospital without him. I am hoping that I have some warning signs, so we know and can prepare to let him take the day off or at least know to be by his phone that day... but lets be honest, that might not be very realistic.

I *plan* to stay home as long as possible and try to labor at home as long as I can handle it. I just hope I don't have have to do all of that at home alone while Ryan is at work... waiting very impatiently for him to come home. It is times like these that I wish we had family in the same town.

Luckily we only live 2 short minutes from the hospital. :)  I guess we will just have to burn that bridge when we get there.  But boy is it nerve racking to think about.  Sigh...

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

Is there anyway he can have a pager for emergencies? Or, could you just ask your doctor to induce, in this situation? Most dr's are pretty open minded, as long as baby is well developed :)