Wednesday, October 19, 2011

37 weeks

I am officially 37 weeks pregnant. Which crazily means that I have only 3 weeks left until my due date! wow. Soo cool! Lol.

We had our 37 week apt, which was also our very last bi-weekly apt and now we get to go every week. I had taken some blood work since my last visit and everything came back normal. My blood pressure was the best it's been since June! :) Don't really know how, but it has been borderline high and yesterday I was like 123/82!  I was kind of excited about that, its the little things people!  I also, miraculously hadn't gained any weight since my last 2 week apt. I have NO idea how that happened, but I was STARVING while we were there, so maybe I was just on empty and that is why the scale said I hadn't gained any.  Total weight gain is 27 pounds.

My Dr. dropped a bomb on us yesterday that she is going out of town Oct. 29- Nov. 4. Darn her! Pretty much, she said if we wanted her to she could induce me and make the baby come early so she could be the one to deliver, or we could just wait it out and if I go into labor while she is gone some other lady will deliver Colin. Ryan was soo mad that she was leaving and it is frustrating that someone you've gotten to know over the past 9 months to deliver your baby might not be there, but I don't believe it is worth an induction. To me, I'd rather let the baby come when he is ready to. I don't want to force him out early just because a doctor is going on vacation. Doesn't really make sense to me. Although, I see why people would be tempted, as the last weeks of pregnancy are pretty rough and it would be oh so nice to have a definite date as to when you'd deliver, but I think the ends out weigh the means.

This morning after digesting this information, I am more bummed out about the fact that my doctor will more than likely cancel my 39 week apt because she will be gone, than I am that she is going on vacation.  But in the end it is just another bump in the road on the journey to a healthy baby boy!

On a side note, the doctor told me I was ALL baby yesterday and I got a haircut and the hair cutter was one I hadnt' had before and she said she didn't think I even looked pregnant... Ha! Lol But it made me feel good! :)

37 weeks:


No comments: