Monday, October 10, 2011

Showered with love

It's official... I have the BEST friends and family in the world :)  The past 2 weekends we had 2 baby showers. One was a small family shower with some of my closest friends and the other was a more casual pamper party here in Grants with the boys included with our Grants friends. Although we both had an amazing time at both the showers and could not be more thankful of our loving and supporting friends and family....  My showers have caused lots of controversy because I didn't invite everyone who wanted to attend or everyone who other people thought I should have invited.  Other than that... it was grand!  I don't really care, call me a crazy hormonal pregnant lady... but they were my showers and I invited whoever the hell I wanted to and if you don't like it you can get over it or throw me another shower and invite who you want! Lol.  :)

Any who, despite the controversy I caused they were both fabulous. My wonderful Aunt loves to party plan and her and my mom I *think*  had a blast working on our shower. Her house was decorated to the max and looked awesome! Right down to the candy and balloons everywhere! My mom and I made cookies for the shower that were all baby themed... and totally awesome! My Aunt and Uncle slaved over the stove the day before and made lasagna and meatballs (a good ole' Italian baby shower!) The food was fabulous, the company was even more awesome and we got so many gifts it was ridiculous... in a good way!
My mom, myself and my Aunt Carla

When we got home it was late so we threw all of the gift bags on bed in the nursery. I was so overwhelmed with the bags, there were so many! But I spent the ENTIRE next day breaking down the bags and putting things away! I didn't leave the house or even shower! Lol  But by golly, I got everything put away! :)

This past weekend our friends here in Grants gave us a pamper party so we could stock up on diapers! We had the party at our house since we have a big house with a pool table so the guys could be distracted! My friends were so awesome! I came home from work and they had all the food set up already and the my made a TON of food and even more dessert! Mmmm... I am still eating the dessert this morning! Nobody was allowed into the house without some diapers and we ended up with quite a load of diapers! I have them all stacked up and organized by size in the baby's closet! :) I hope they last us for awhile!

My good friends Coral and Kelly and I at our Grants party!


And yes I wore the same dress both weekends... :)

No comments: