Friday, September 2, 2011

Last Doggie post

Today I watched Bodie boy drive away with a new family. It was definitely bittersweet. I did not cry (shocking, I know) But I think it was because I knew he was going to a good family and he would get lots of love and attention. 

Bodie seemed to like the guy and the guy seemed to think that his wife would just love him. And knowing Bodie, he will  love her to death because he loves women! I was kind of surprised that he just jumped right into the guy's car like nothing. I gave him a dog biscuit and said a quick goodbye. The guy left his front door open while I talked to him and gave him all of Bodie's shot records and such. I was really shocked that Bodie didn't just jump right out of the car, but he instead just stayed in the back of the car... like he knew.

I thought when he drove away would be really sad. He watched me for a little and then went and smelled the guy's face and was looking about the car and out the other windows. I thought he'd freak out and be really sad to leave me, but he didn't seem all that concerned. Although part of me thinks he was just intrigued and would realize what had happened and get sad on his drive back to Albuquerque.  :(

A couple times today I thought about what he might be doing and if he was sad.  But Ryan just reminded me that he was probably on their couch getting spoiled... and I bet he is right. Lol  I just hope he isn't too sad.

Our other dog, Bailey seems to be enjoying the individual attention... although she keeps looking for Bodie.  I think she will be a bit lonely at first but will adjust to how life was a year a half ago pretty quick.

Also, tonight we were able to let our cat outside to play in the backyard with Bailey for the first time in a year and half. Bodie HATED the cat, while Bailey and Eric are rather fond of each other. It was soo funny to watch them play together again. And makes me see how much our lives were turned around with the Bodie. I loved him very much and he was a part of our family, but he definitely stirred things up and changed our family dynamic and it is kind of nice for it to be back to normal. I just hope and pray that he is happy and makes his new family very happy too.

No comments: