Monday, August 15, 2011

Nursery update

We had a change of plans this weekend and went to Alb. instead of our hometown Socorro. I was a little bummed about not going home, but it worked out well in the end and we were able to spend time with my parents in Alb. instead.

Like I mentioned in my previous post... we bought a car seat! Still really excited about that! Lol

I also bought some more stuff for the nursery decor and all of my decor ideas flew out the window this weekend.

I did NOT want to do a sports themed nursery.... BUT I saw this really adorable vintage metal soccer ball wall decor at Target... and I kind of melted. It was perfect. Ryan convinced me that we needed the football one too... although I am not quite as excited about that one. Lol.   So new ideas from the weekend is to ditch the idea of putting polka dots on the wall and the big wall I want to decorate will have Baby's name in very cute little letters that match the polka dot bedding and then the vintage soccer and football wall decor on each side of his name.



Adorable vintage soccer ball. This is not where it will go, I just wanted to see it on the wall and I had a nail there! Lol This is where I want to put a cute mirror. And notice my little baskets on the shelf! :)

I am still looking for a green mirror to put above the changing table to match the bedding. And this weekend I also got baskets to go underneath the changing table on the table's shelves. They are nice and big and fit PERFECTLY on the shelf! Just need to fill those baskets up before the baby comes with diapers and such! :)

Now I just need to figure out how to convince the cat that sleeping on the nice changing pad isn't a good idea. I think he thinks it is a new bed for him... and contours nicely to his big fat body! 

No comments: