Friday, August 5, 2011

Hard decisions

I mentioned in my last post that one of the things on my to do list before the baby comes is to find a new home for one of our dogs. We adopted a new puppy about a year and a half ago and while we love him very much, even though he has caused us lots of headaches. I have debated getting rid of him thousands of times! Lol But he is just soo darn cute that it makes it pretty hard!

We adopted him so that our beloved first dog could have a friend and a playmate while we are at work. And while the puppy loves her.... I am not sure she loves him quite as much. His personality is very strong. He is a big giant loveable goof ball... BUT he likes to be the center of attention and has bad food aggression with other dogs. So needless to say, he has tried to kill our older dog several times... not to mention our cat. (He hates cats.)

So... Ryan and I had a loong talk about whether or not we would trust him with the baby. We layed sod this year and have lush beautiful lawn that I would hope next summer we could be outside playing on with the baby. However, we are just not sure we would be comfortable bringing the baby outside with the puppy. He is a little reckless and even though he is a year and half, still has no control over his body and can easily knock me down, without even trying to. Not to mention that food aggression thing. I would hate to have the baby caught in the middle of a food fight.  Sooo.... we decided we needed to give him away. :(  I know it is going to kill me see him go to another home, but I hope that if we find him a good home it will make it a little easier. I love that dumb dog so much! He just melts my heart when he looks at me with his big dumb rusty colored eyes! But it is going to be what is best for our family.

So if anyone knows of someone looking for a dog.... PLEASE let me know!  He is a beautiful boy. All white with a rusty mask over his eyes and diamond dot in the middle of his head. He needs a place where he has lots of room to run and to probably be the only dog. He does jump fences... but he always comes back within minutes because he is a giant chicken. :)

No comments: