Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Curtain situation

I have decided not to buy the curtains that match the bedding set that I like for the nursery. Mostly because our window is oddly shaped and I would have had to buy like 4 or 5 panels to fit our window. Instead I JUST bought some cool plain brown curtains from JC Penny's that block out noise and 99% of the light. I only had to buy 2 panels of that one and they were on sale!  SCORE!  I know Brown isn't very exciting, but I kind of liked the idea of getting a more plain curtain that can last longer in the room than 5 polka dot panels that we might not be able to use for more than a year or so.   Plus I can get some cool blue and green lace valances to hang on top of the plain brown curtain to make it more nursery-like and match the rest of the bedding!   :)  I hope it ends up looking ok!

I also couldn't resist and ended up buying the bedding that I've been eyeing and had on our registry. I can't wait for it to come in so I can see how it looks and get some decorating ideas.  My mom actually came up with a good idea and told me to buy one of the curtain panels that go with the bedding set and I can cut it up and use it to decorate. I kind of like the idea, because then everything will match perfectly!  

I guess it is safe to say.... I'm nesting.

No comments: