Saturday, July 16, 2011

What trimester is this??

Sleep has not been a friend of mine... I thought that wasn't supposed to happen yet?!  During my first trimester, like clockwork I got up EVERY night for the first 10 weeks or so to pee at precisely 3:00 AM. That went away for a glorious 12 weeks and now it is back. :S   

It started when we were in Dallas for the 4th. I thought maybe it was just the different environment that I was sleeping in that caused the change and when we returned home so would my schedule. I was wrong. Also another thing that has joined in during this middle of the night wake up is waking up completely parched... like I just stepped out of the Sahara Desert! This morning at 3:00 in the morning I was soo thirsty that I HAD to get up and get a bottle of water... figured I might as well pee while I was awake. Then of course I have a hard time going back to sleep.

I guess this is good preparation for a newborn, but I thought that whole having a hard time sleeping and getting up to pee thing was coming full swing during the third trimester.... what will I be like then?

I know I shouldn't complain, I have been very blessed this entire pregnancy with feeling VERY good.  BUT, getting up at 3 or so to pee, being not all the way asleep when Ryan gets up at 4 something,  letting the stupid dogs out to pee at 5 or so and then getting up at 6.... makes for not very much sleep the last part of my night.   And that is all! :)

No comments: