Monday, October 28, 2013

Mommy 1 Colin 720

So last night was a first for us. Colin fell asleep on his own, in his own bed, all by himself and then slept for 7 hrs and 45 mins. 

This was the first time he has fallen asleep on his own. Since he's been sleeping in the big boy bed I go in with him and lay with him until he falls asleep.

I've started to notice that he has been better about letting me leave the room. I will say I have to go to the bathroom and will be back and he will say ok. Previously he would scream if I left the room. Last night he was having a hard time falling asleep and taking a long time to settle down. So I said I had to go pee and never returned, hoping he'd get tired of waiting for me and pass out. He was out within 15 minutes!

I sat outside his door until I didn't hear any sounds and then went in and tucked him in and put a pillow by the edge so he didn't roll off. (I need to invest in a rail! Lol)

I hope to try this every night and he will get used to falling asleep on his own, finally. I can still snuggle him before I leave. We talk about our day and pray and then I will sneak away. 

So proud of my monkey. I never thought I'd see the day! He is growing up! 

No comments: