Friday, August 16, 2013

Snuggles

I wonder if Colin will forever be my cuddle bug?

We've gone about 3 months with a 7-10 hour stretch without nursing at night. Huge for him. Yet he is still waking throughout that time. Most of the time he wakes up and requests water and will chug a sippy cup of water and return back to sleep.... Just a thirsty kid? Then there are nights like last night. He woke up at 1:30 and pointed to the spare bed. This means he wants to sleep with me. We sleep together on the spare bed on rough nights that he wakes up often or if he wakes up around the time Ryan gets up. (Ryan gets up around 4 and our bathroom in our bedroom doesn't have a door, just an archway, so the bathroom lights up the bedroom. I can sleep through it now, but it wakes Colin up if I bring him to our room).  

Ideally I started laying with Colin on the spare bed and then when he fell asleep I would sneak away. Well, he now knows this. So he clings on for dear life! Last night I had to laugh. He was clinging to me and fell asleep so I was trying to sneak away. As soon as I moved, his arms  and legs swung toward me and he hung on for dear life... And he was still asleep!

I layed there thinking I should feel honored that he wants to be so close to me At All Times! And how lucky am i to actually have a little monkey to hug all night, when so many struggle to have children. I know someday soon he will be a big boy. 

I've been seeing all these pictures of kids starting school and thinking of that makes me sick. Ya mean I have to share my kid someday with the rest of the world?? No way!!  Lol I'm sure in time it will be better... Maybe... But for now the thought is scary, very scary!  For now I will soak in the fact that he'd rather snuggle his mommy than do anything else! ;) 

No comments: