Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I hate the eye dr

Ok well maybe not so much the dr but getting new glasses is my ultimate hate.

I've been putting off the eye dr for awhile because with Ryan's new job we don't have vision insurance. But my old glasses were starting to fall apart so I needed to go in. This week I made a bunch of calls to find out prices for the uninsured and was surprised that it was fairly reasonable so I made an apt.

The appointment went fine, then comes the dreaded part.... Finding glasses.

This must be some cruel joke for the blind. 

I am pretty sure I am legally blind without my glasses.  So taking them off then trying to see what I look like with a new pair on is near impossible. 

One year the store was slow so I just let the ladies working pick out a pair for me. I mean I figured they do this all day they should know what looks best. Wrong. I came out with pink glasses that made me look 12. 

So I try to never go alone to pick out glasses. Luckily technology has changed and I took a million selfies trying to pick out a good pair. They all looked the same. When I finally came to a conclusion the girl told me my prescription was to strong for that pair and I had to start my search over! Aaaahhhh! 

Oh yes and glasses are cheap unless you are blind. You have to get thin lenses so it doesn't look like you are wearing bottle caps and they charged an additional fee for having a strong prescription. Like its not bad enough that we are blind!! 

Anyway $300 later and my new glasses and first ever pair of prescription sunglasses should be ready tomorrow. ( it was the same price to get shades as glasses that tint)

Oh how I miss the days of contacts!! Darn you dry eyes!!! 

And for your enjoyment:   Your welcome!

1 comment:

dawn said...

one word: LASIK!