Monday, May 6, 2013

Pasta Broccoli

Sounds simple enough, but there is a trick!

My Italian grandmother used to make this for me when I was a kid. Maybe this was her trick in getting her grand kids to eat veggies?! But it worked and everyone loved it!


I don't know exact measurements, but add things to your taste!

The trick is to cook the pasta with the broccoli in the same water so it picks up the flavor.

I gave the broccoli a head start and then added in the pasta and let them cook together.

After I drained them I added a little bit of milk (optional), butter, and cheese. I also added shredded chicken for some protein and a spoonful of pesto... Cause I love pesto, but those two are not traditional to my grandmas recipe.

Serve and add more cheese to taste! Oh and the cheese is grated cheese, like Parmesan or I do a Parmesan and asiago mixture.

Yum yum!

My mid dinner pictures:



No comments: