Monday, October 1, 2012

Date night!

Last night Ryan and I went on our first date since before we had Colin.... yup... we hadn't been on a date in almost 11 months! Pretty terrible, I'll admit.  We talked about it, but never got around to it. Plus not having any family here... not wanting to bother our daytime babysitter at night... oh the excuses could go on and on.

We didn't quite know what to do on a date... in fact Ryan even asked me, what do people do on dates? Lol oh we are a pitiful bunch! We were going to go watch a movie and go to dinner, BUT the movie playing was a scary movie and I am just not into scary movies... I have a hard enough time with a baby keeping me up at night, I don't need to be freaked out by anything else, thank you very much! So what did we do....

Well, we were playing each other in Fantasy Football.... so we went to a sports bar/lounge had drinks and ate dinner there while we watched football.... and we had a FABULOUS time! It was so wonderful to spend time together and not have to worry about the baby screaming, throwing food across the restaurant, making sure he has enough food, etc.... I could go on forever! Lol 

We plan to have a date night/day once a month. I don't know if it will work, but it is a good plan and better than what we have been doing... which is nothing!! :)

Oh and I'd like to add that I had my first amaretto sour in YEARS. Yup...  that used to be my favorite drink and I literally can't remember the last time I had one... but at least 2 years! And it was SOOO YUMMY! lol


http://instagram.com/p/QOF_91o472/

No comments: