Tuesday, October 2, 2012

2 1/2 weeks dairy free..

I thought I'd update on our dairy free process since I haven't said anything in awhile.

I am happy to say it is going well. I've been able to adjust my diet pretty well. I eat lots of chicken, veggies, fruit and beans. Beans are my new addiction. Gross, I know, Lol. I used to HATE beans, but they are actually not bad and Colin likes them too. Plus living in New Mexico with a million Mexican restaurants, they are pretty easy to find!

Colin's sleep...  Well he is not even close to sleeping through the night... BUT he has some very good sleep stretches.  He has had one 5 hour and one 5 1/2 hour stretch of sleep. Something he hasn't had in at least 6 months. He has also had a ton of 4 hour stretches, which have been *almost* a norm, where as a few weeks ago I was praying for 4 hours of sleep. Every night he at least has one 3 hour stretch. I feel like he is less restless at night and is able to sleep better. One night he even only woke up twice... I was VERY excited! Lol  Don't get me wrong we still have our rough nights. Last night he didn't sleep much and one day this weekend he got up at 4 in the morning and decided he wanted to play. 

So is it the dairy that is making him sleep better?  Who knows! I also bought a Baltic amber teething necklace for him about a week and a half ago. I know, I've turned uber hippy! But I had heard good things about the necklace and it seemed that Colin was having a terrible time with teething, so I went ahead and bought one. Ryan isn't soo keen on his son wearing a necklace, but whatever! I am almost ashamed to say I used to give Colin Tylenol and teething meds every night in hopes it was his teeth that were keeping him up and that would help him sleep better. Since going dairy free and buying the amber necklace, it is a rare occasion when I give him Tylenol or teething meds before bed and it seems like he is sleeping just as good if not better.

So the moral of this blog?  I am going to keep going dairy free for awhile still and see how it helps. I think eventually I will try some dairy in my diet and see if it affects him, but for now we are going to stick to it.

ALSO, I have to add, I am dreaming. I know it sounds funny,but I swear I haven't dreamed in like a year! Maybe I wasn't sleeping long enough to get a dream in? But I wake up and I remember dreams and I find it so weird. But I think it is a good thing!!


No comments: