Monday, August 13, 2012

Car seat shoppin'

Yesterday we went carseat shopping. Can I just say... I loathe carseat shopping. It is like worse than buying a dang car! Ok, well maybe not that bad... but close!

I had researched car seats all week. When it hit me that they aren't as easy to transport from vehicle to vehicle. What was I going to do at the babysitters house? We always left her with the infant car seat and she took him to pick up her daughter or drop her off at piano lessons  or even to come visit me at work <3 about="about" began="began" car="car" i="i" more="more" nbsp="nbsp" needing="needing" one="one" p="p" panic="panic" seat.="seat." sigh.="sigh." so..="so.." than="than" to="to">
Saturday we went to Albuquerque to buy a seat.  I went there thinking we were going to buy two. When I told the husband this idea, he about had a heart attack. He was not into buying TWO! I of course wanted one of the most expensive ones (Britax) But they didn't have the color I wanted.  I thought maybe we would settle on, not the cheapest carseat and not the most expensive, but one in the middle.... that way maybe I could later convince Ryan to buy a second one!  We spent maybe an hour staring at carseats and debating between ALL of them!  We finally ended up taking home a Graco my ride 70 carseat. Not going to lie we were both pretty skeptical about whether or not it would even fit in the back of our car!

Colin LOVES it.. mostly because he likes to play with the cup holders! Lol


When we returned home we immediately tried it and low and behold, it fit... Even with the seat ALL the way back the Ryan likes to drive! Hooray!

We will probably give the babysitter our infant one for the time being. I don't think he has ENTIRELY outgrown it. (Although we are going for his 9 month well visit in an hour so I will find out then!) And we can recover from this purchase before we get another cheaper one for the sitter.

No comments: