Saturday, March 24, 2012

A quick catch up

Sorry I've been MIA in the blogging world this week! Here is a crazy insane recap/random info post!!

We've had company for part of the week, my Brother-in-law and his fiance came to visit their favorite nephew during their spring break. They are such a good Auntie and Uncle to our little boy! They babysat for him on Weds. and Thurs. and Colin went to the sitter on Tuesday and Friday! I feel like I haven't seen my little boy all week!  We did have fun with my BIL while they were here, we went up the mountain Weds. night for a jeep ride and had dinner up there by the fire. Colin really enjoyed staring at the fire, but it was still pretty cold up there and I think we will wait until it gets a bit warmer before we take him up again... or at least go in the daytime!

Colin has been really progressing well with sleeping in his crib! He's taken almost every nap this week in his crib and has slept his first stretch of sleep in his crib, unswaddled. The trick has been letting him sleep with a shirt I've worn. He snuggles and holds onto it and helps him sleep better. :)

Speaking of which, I went to the sitters on Tuesday during my lunch break to feed him and he was sleeping in his little cradle there, snuggling my t-shirt and loving on it... it was the sweetest, cutest thing I've ever seen and I melted into the puddle. That is where I got the idea from and it seems to be working! Little boy loves his Momma and loves smelling her and snuggling her... awww. :)

Colin is really a busy body lately. From talking more and more to moving around, it just seems like he is progressing so very fast! The other night he moved in a half circle while he was on his stomach so he could reach something his dad was working on. I couldn't believe it... he will be crawling before we know it... honestly I give him a month! He is growing up too quickly. He loves screaching and making all kinds of high pitched noises and spitting noises. He gets really loud and loves hearing himself. His new game is to make a noise and then look at you and wait for you to make a noise back before he will make another noise. It is soo funny. He'll get all excited with this game and just squeel with delight! Silly boy!

Work has been tough this week for me. Maybe because I didn't bring him except for a half day and other than that he's been watched by someone. But I am having major mommy guilt. I've been in a testy mood and every little thing seems to set me off. I've contemplated quitting like a million times. It is so hard to be a working mommy some days. I wish I could take a couple days off just to spend with my little boy... but I guess that is what weekends are for... and thank goodness mine is here! :)

That is all for now... I will try to be a better blogger next week! I sent myself all my phone dump pictures, but never downloaded or uploaded them... so next week will be full of pictures hopefully!

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

dude, if you are able to be a stay at home mommy and can afford it - do it!!!!! :-)