Friday, February 10, 2012

Rough Week

I am SOO glad it is Friday and I'm sorry I haven't posted all week. BUT, I've been a single momma all week long. For the most part it has been pretty easy, but I had a little breakdown on Wednesday. I worked like normal with the baby and then we went out to dinner. I came home around 7 and my house was a disaster. It stunk, there was crap everywhere... I just felt like I'd totally failed at being a wife and cleaning up my house while also working. Then after I got out of the shower, I took a peek in the mirror (MISTAKE) and I was like, gross... I look like I've gained weight instead of lost it. I just felt gross. To top it off I had heard some really sad news that day that had just really bummed me out... oh and not to mention my kid has decided not to sleep much this week.

Anyway, we are doing better now that I know that Ryan will be home tonight! Yay!!  Yesterday I had no dinner plans and when I came home Colin slept for about an hour... so I rushed around and cleaned my house. I did dishes, emptied the dishwasher, picked up the kitchen, emptied all the trashcans in the entire house and put the trashcan out on the street for trash day... and then made dinner and lunch for myself. I felt so accomplished.

I haven't been the healthiest this week, which could be why I don't feel very healthy. I don't eat well when I am alone, because I don't like to cook for myself. To top it off, there is some girl that comes to my work selling goodies. I'm talking warm delicious brownies and my weakness rice crispy treats. I made the mistake in saying I didn't like brownies with nuts and the darn girl came back the next day with brownies without nuts... JUST for me. Umm... how do you not buy any when they are made special for you... Plus all the hot chocolates I've drank... instead of coffee to keep me going due to lack of sleep. I did walk everyday this week during my lunch break, but I doubt that even burned off half a damn brownie.

And then there is sleep. My kid slept like a little angel all last week. The weekend hit and he slept horrible. He slept good Monday night, only getting up once... and then the rest of week he's gotten up every 1-2 hours... with last night and the night before sleeping one 3 hr stretch. Ugh. Last week he slept 6 hours straight one night... I don't know what has changed. But I've been very tired at work all week.  We've been doing REALLY good at bedtime. He is asleep EVERY night by 9 if not earlier and with no problems. I think we've really found our routine well... not if only I can figure out how to get and keep him sleeping longer.

I'm glad we survived our week alone, but I'm ready for my husband to come home and I think Colin is too!

No comments: