Monday, February 13, 2012

First 2 weeks of work...

Well, I figured I would update on how work is going since we are now 2 weeks in!

Working with a baby is usually very good... and makes your day go by VERY quickly. UNLESS, baby refuses to nap and is fussy. Then working with a baby is not so fun.

Most days my kid does really well. I try to keep him in the back away from the visitors most of the time. But sometimes when I am left working alone that doesn't always work out. Luckily people love babies. So every time I bring him out front they are very receptive to him! :)

I really try hard to make sure that having my baby there doesn't affect my work. Most days it doesn't. Friday was an exception (I hope) because he was really fussy and didn't want to be put down... or nap. Luckily my coworkers seem very understanding.

His first day at the sitter and daddy son day went very well with the exception of bottle feeding...

I never would've thought 2 months ago that mt kid would have a hard time with bottles! When we were having a hard time with breastfeeding because of Colin's tongue tie he took bottles all the time, no problem. Now... not so much.

His first Saturday with Daddy went ok and he actually ate really well. So I wasn't worried about the sitter and thought he'd be fine. Well, she said he had a VERY hard time with bottle. And then Saturday when he was with Ryan he pretty much refused to eat until I got home. He ate only an ounce in the morning and an ounce in the afternoon. Luckily I came home to feed him at lunch time.  When I got home from work he was starving and I had just pumped not to long before that so I didn't have enough to satisfy him. We both tried for hours trying to get him to take a bottle. I think we eventually got maybe 2 ounces down him before bedtime. It was terrible. I guess I will probably not pump very much at work so I can feed him a lot when I am done with work and I may run to the sitters to feed him during the day if he is having a hard time.... sigh.  And yes, we've tried all sorts of bottles and they all have similar results. His kinda sorta fav is the MAM bottle. I can at least see him trying to suck that one.

Luckily for the next two weeks he is only at the sitter one day. So it shouldn't be too traumatic!

On a lighter note, he is sleeping better! When Ryan got home from his work trip this week, we started trying to put Colin in his crib after he falls asleep in our bed. So far it is working really nicely. He's slept 4+ hours every night in his crib. He wakes up hungry and I get him and bring him back to our bed to feed him! Lol Two steps forward one step back. But I think we are all sleeping better for at least those 4 hours at night! Colin and I are both really light sleepers and I think we'd both wake each other up. Anytime he'd move around I'd wake up and wonder if he was hungry and sometimes he wasn't and wouldn't want to eat and would just go back to sleep. And I could tell every time Ryan and I move around in bed, it kind of wakes him up and he stirs.  So I think sleeping separately will be the best for everyone to get rest.  I go check on him a lot at night when he is in the crib and he always seems to be sleeping so peacefully and restful.  :)

No comments: