Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Family visit

This weekend will be very epic for us. Ryan's Dad, Step mom and twin sisters are coming to meet Colin for the very first time. They live in Dallas and we see them usually about twice a year. Which is soo hard because we all used to live in the same town and we were VERY close with Ryan's sisters. They are only 13, but have grown up so fast since they moved to Texas. We miss them very much. There are always tons of tears when we leave them on both sides. (But I will try not to think about that yet.)

They've been trying to come visit us since Colin was born, but Ryan's dad got sick and ended up in the hospital the week they were supposed to come. So they've been trying to figure out when to come here and decided this long weekend would be best. They can't spend very long here, which is a bummer, but anytime is better than nothing!!

We last saw them this summer when we went to Dallas to visit them for the 4th of July weekend. That was what I wanted for my birthday! lol. I LOVE Ryan's step mom, she is the nicest sweetest lady and I love spending time with her.

Since they rarely come and visit, the rest of Ryan's family is also coming to see them. Ryan's brother and his fiance are coming, Ryan's Grandparents and my parents.  Lord help us. Poor Colin is going to be manhandled like no other. But I can't wait for them to meet him for the first time and for the girls to see their nephew! :)

I will take TONS of pictures and post them all, I'm sure.  I wish I could kidnap them and keep them awhile longer because I will be working most of the time they are here. But they are planning on watching Colin  while I am working and really that is what it is all about, him.

 So now I am off to clean my house... and bed! :) I probably won't post until after they leave... but at least you know why!

1 comment:

Abby Reed said...

Yay! I know how excited you must be :-) It will be very special to have pics of the girls with Colin baby. have fun!