Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thumb?

Should I teach Colin to suck his thumb?

He HATES his pacifiers. Which sucks (no pun intended) because everyone has given us the cutest pacifiers ever... yet they don't last more than a minute in his mouth. I've tried getting him to suck on them and he just makes a terrible face and moves the nipple around with his tongue. (Kinda like bottle feeding.) The paci will only stay in his mouth if I hold it and the second I take my hand away he shoots it across the room. I've tried different kinds of pacis and different shapes... they all get the same reaction.
This is the face he makes everytime! Lol

He does do this weird thing. Where he kinda sorta... not really... sucks on his hands. When he is tired or hungry he will bring both hands up to his mouth and suck.... but most of the time he never even gets his hands in his mouth. He just does the sucking motion. I think it is kind of weird, but that is how he falls asleep on his own too.  So it made me wonder if I should stick his little thumb out for him and show him how to suck on his thumb? Kind of like an always there for him paci! Lol   

But I just don't know.

No comments: