Thursday, January 5, 2012

Getting Ready to go back to Work

It is just a few short weeks until I return back to work. I've been trying to do as much as I can to prepare me and Colin for the transition.

First off is getting up early. That hasn't been happening as of late, BUT his schedule has changed a bit and he has been getting up around 6 for the past couple days. I am hoping it stays like that because that is about the time I got up to get ready for work before baby... and my morning routines are A LOT different than what they were before, so I am pretty confident I can get us both out of the house by 8 vs. before when I could barely get myself out of the house by 8!

Secondly,  I pulled out our Pack'n Play. We got it as a gift from my Aunt and Uncle, but didn't really need it here at the house. I knew right away that I'd bring it to work with me when we go back. So I wanted Colin to get used to napping in it during the day and playing in it a bit. Today was day one and he played in it a bit this morning and almost fell asleep playing. He ended up taking a little nap in it. So I THINK he will be fine in it. Now to figure out what blankets and toys we will bring to work...

Today I was thinking about what I'd do during my lunch breaks at work. I used to go home for lunch, but the thought of trekking all the way back home for like 30 or 40 minutes home with Colin just doesn't seem smart and in fact a little overwhelming. So... I think we will be stuck at the office. I was thinking when it gets warmer we can go for walks during my lunch break. I can strap him into a stroller and walk around the HUGE parking lot at the visitor center and we can go for a walk every day. I can get some exercise, it will help break up our day and Colin can get some nice fresh air. It will be a nice little routine for us.  Now to get a stroller... Lol

Today I realized I am going to miss breastfeeding in my nice reclining couch chairs... and will have to adjust to an office chair... LAME. I was also talking and playing with Colin and I couldn't help to think it wouldn't quite be the same at the office... but I suppose we will adjust! :)

3 comments:

Marcie Chavez said...

Sounds like you have going back to work well planned out! You are lucky to have a job that is cool w/ bringing him :-) Hopefully you can get your work done...I can't even seem to get my housework done most days! LOL

Tyler Reed said...

How long will u get to have him at work????. And what's the plan after that?

Tyler Reed said...

Sorry, that's me (abby) not tyler. He signed into my phone and im too lazy to change it haha.