Monday, January 30, 2012

Colin's baptism

One cool thing before I talk about that is that Colin laughed, like let out a big ole chuckle the morning of his baptism! I can't get him to do it again... but I thought that was really special!

Colin's baptism was wonderful and couldn't have gone off better if I planned it all! The baptism was after the 5pm mass on Saturday, Colin slept through the entire mass! (YES!) Ryan kept wanting to get him out of his car seat so he could hold him (or have something to do cause he was bored in church), but I wouldn't let him wake him up! After the mass we headed over to the baptismal fountain. Colin was the only baby getting baptised that day, which made the ceremony very special and personal. The deacon did an excellent job and explained everything before he did it, which was nice because most of our family isn't Catholic... so it helped them understand everything. Colin did amazing! He didn't even cry when they poured water on his head. He had a smiling fit while I was holding him and just smiled and smiled at me! And then at the end he got a little hungry and started sucking on his fingers... but no crying! We do have lots of pictures with his hands to his mouth, but hey, it beats crying! :)

After the ceremony we went to Ryan's grandparents house where they hosted a giant feast for everyone and I think I ate enough for a week and gained back all the weight I've lost! ;)

My fabulous sister-in-law-to-be took pictures with my camera and she did an awesome job! I'm so glad she was there to do that for us! 

And here is the picture overload:

Meeting his baby cousin Aurelia (who was 10 days old) for the first time!








Great-Aunt Tara drove 5 hours to meet Colin on his special day!

Great Grandma and Grandpa hosted a dinner for Colin and all of our family after the event!

Uncle Patrick and Aunt Katheryn



No comments: