Monday, November 7, 2011

Contractions SUCK

Labor/Contractions are pretty much the worst thing on earth and I don't wish them on anyone! Lol My word, these things are no joke. I don't think I've ever been in so much pain... and I actually thought I had a pretty high pain tolerance before this! I am timing my blog around them so it might be short. Yesterday my contractions were very sporadic all day until after we went on a walk they got worse and more frequent. by the time we left for the hospital they were 2-5 minutes apart and that was at like 7 or 8 at night. I freaked out the Labor and delivery nurse because when she hooked me up to the monitors they were 2 minutes apart and she thought she was going to have to deliver a baby by herself.... contraction time... hold on. But surprisingly, even though I'd gone through contractions all day I was only 2 cm dialated and that isn't considered active labor... they had my walk around the hospital for 2 hours and then rechecked me... only to find I still hadn't dialated anymore.... so they sent me home. I was so upset and in so much pain. They told me to get some rest, but really how can you get any rest when I've gotten woken up every 6 minutes in dire pain that lasts for over a minute. Sigh.  They said that even though I'm having crazy contractions it might not be active labor and that some first time moms can go days or weeks in this state.... Lord help me.   I have 2 minutes until my next contraction so I should probably wrap this up. I may try and see if my doctor can squeeze me in tomorrow morning so I can cry to her about how miserable I am and let her check me. But I really don't want to rush things either and end up with a C-section because the baby isn't ready, but these contractions are horrendous and I'm not sure how many days of this I can handle. :( The end!! :) Send prayers!!   And in 25 minutes it will be 24 hours since I started getting bad contractions... Longest day ever.

No comments: