Monday, July 11, 2011

Dance, Dance, Dance!

Last summer I started going to Zumba classes. I LOVED Zumba and went until I was about 8 or so weeks pregnant. Then I had that wonderful pregnancy symptom of sore hurting boobs and all the jumping about made me cringe. So I took a break. And you know what happens when you take a break from exercising.... it is soo hard to go back! It was also my soccer season, so I was quite busy, coaching, but after that was over I was scared to go back to Zumba because I didn't know if it would be too much for me. I continued to walk on the treadmill almost everyday, but that doesn't quite get your heart rate up like Zumba or soccer does!  My friend Caryn has continued to go to Zumba and I had a conversation with her a couple weeks ago and realized how much I missed Zumba.  I got the courage to try and go again two weeks ago... and I didn't die like I had expected! Lol.   Last week I took a break because we were on vacation, but I went back again this week!

I think I will continue to go once a week... I know it isn't a lot, but their times don't really mesh well with my work schedule, except for Mondays which is my day off!  I LOVE how I feel after Zumba and I have soo much fun dancing. Although, I am a little paranoid about what all the other ladies think of the big ole pregnant lady shaking her booty in the front row! Lol

Also, you can't read the shirt below, but I just got it from my old dance teacher. I danced from 3rd grade until I was a senior in high school, doing everything from, tap, jazz, ballet to country western clogging.... my favorite! :) I think I am one of the first of my dance teacher's students to have a baby. She was very excited when she found out that I was expecting! She went online and found a shirt that her mother had gotten her when she was pregnant. It says, "I should have danced all night!"  Lol. I wore it to Zumba today. I didn't know anyone there, so nobody said anything about it. Although, I did get a lot of stares, but that is pretty typical since I have a big ole belly anyway!

No comments: