Thursday, October 30, 2014

Truckie

Lets talk about Truck... no not that thing that drives and has wheels.... This Truck:




As much as I thought he was the cutest fluff ball ever and that we just NEEDED to have him. I was also on the fence about the decision. We had a bad experience with the last pup we brought home. No amount of training was going to fix his food aggression and he wasn't a safe dog for a family. He was a sweetheart, but a switch would flip on him when he would smell food and he would turn evil in a second. It scarred me. It scarred Ryan too (and probably Bailey our older dog as well).  Ryan kept saying, " You know what happened the last time we got a puppy, it didn't end well."    But something kept telling me it was a great idea... and it was!

Truck fits in so well. He and Colin are like best friends. They follow each other all over the back yard. They wrestle and play chase. They are like brothers and I just love it!




  Bailey is still on the fence about him, but they play and have a good dog romping session every morning. He follows her everywhere too and she isn't too fond of that. She likes her space and does not like to snuggle. But she is getting old and grouchy. I sit on the swing in the backyard and pet and brush her while the two crazy boys run all over. It works out splendidly!



Truck is such a happy goofy dog. It is funny when we are in public he acts like a saint and very calm... but he isn't calm at all at home!

I didn't feed the dogs together for like the first month because I was soo paranoid. Turns out truck doesn't have a food aggressive bone in his body and Bailey is the top dog and eats her food and his and he doesn't know what to do so he just barks at her!

We took both dogs camping this past weekend and they both did amazing. Bailey is a pro at camping, but it was Truck's first experience. He picks up fast, stayed close to camp and didn't fuss.



He is sleeping in a crate at night in the house with Bailey in the laundry room.    The laundry room doors don't shut so he can't be free because he would escape. Bailey on the other hand goes and lays in her bed even though she knows the doors are open and sleeps all night.

I just love that goofball of a pup and I'm so glad we brought him home!

His only issue is he is a chicken. He is afraid of everything and especially other dogs. I don't understand that but we may need to take him to get some training on it. I've recently discovered he is only afraid of dogs that are bigger than him, which I suppose is understandable.  He growled at Bailey for the first day he was here and then decided she was his BFF.  I took him for  a walk at the park last week and to the dog park and he did really good with the small dogs, but growled something fierce at the big ones. So I think it is just that he is afraid!

Also I thought he was going to be a giant dog and he isn't. I think he may end up to be a little bit bigger than bailey, but that's it. He has white Shepherd and Golden Retriever in him, but he looks like a golden version of his mom and she isn't very big.

So there you have it. My little Truckie.




No comments: