Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A day in the life

I saw this on Mommabirds blog yesterday and thought I would give it a shot. You can read her's here: http://mommabird.net/2013/04/a-day-in-the-life-2-year-old-edition/

Of course this is a day we went to the children's museum, so our schedule is a little squirrelly... Also, we Usually hang in our pjs until late morning and play outside and go to the park, but it has been really cold here this week so we haven't spent much time outdoors.


2:00 am- (yes my day started then) Colin woke up screaming. I took my time getting to him, which really infuriated him. He was inconsolable at first, but I managed, by a small miracle, to get him back to sleep in his crib.

5:10 am - Colin woke up again and I took him to bed with me.

7:00 am - Colin woke up, but went back to sleep. I grabbed my phone and caught up on fb and the world while he slept.

8:00 am - Colin wakes for the day. We get up, I change him and get him dressed. We head into the living room where I do exercises.

8:30 am - we eat breakfast together. This morning was blueberries, oatmeal and yogurt. Momma also has some chai tea to help put some pep in my step!

9:00 am- I get ready and showered for the day. Today we are headed to the Children's museum.

10:05 am - we arrive at the children's museum

11:30 am - We leave the museum and I head to the store to grab some water.

12:30 pm : we returned home. Colin was out, but of course as soon as I put him down in his crib, he smiled and sat up! Lol colin plays with his trucks while I fix lunch

1-2:00 pm - Colin plays while I run around and clean. I put dishes away, did some dinner prep. Cleaned up the kitchen. Went to Colin's room and put his clothes away from yesterday's laundry and did some organizing in the hall closets.

2:20 - Colin is ready for a nap and falls asleep on me in the living room while I catch up on my trashy tv and soaps.

4:50pm - Colin wakes from an epic nap. I snuck away from his grips for a few minutes in time to pick up the house before daddy gets home. We had an awesome photo shoot on my iPad that lasted a good 20 minutes.. def was my favorite part of the day!

5:30 pm - daddy got home and took Colin for a walk to get the mail while I made dinner.

6:00 pm - dinner is served ( my new favorite, creamy chicken pesto and avocado pasta)

We played with the dog a bit and checked on my garden after dinner and then played Legos and trucks until bath time.

8:00 - bath time. After bath, lotion, tooth brushing and pjs and a book daddy insisted on letting Colin watch monster trucks videos... Because it put him to sleep last week once in daddy's arms... Which he never does, so I think daddy was trying to recreate it.

8:45 pm - I change into my pjs and get ready to bed. Only to come into the living room and see daddy asleep and Colin on his lap watching monster truck videos waving and making truck noises! Lol. I scoop him up and we wave bye to daddy and the trucks and go to bed.

9:30 pm - a little boy who is dreaming of trucks is finally asleep after much persuasion.


I type this... And follow my boys to dream land a little after 10, knowing my sleepless son will be up in a few hours! :) this is my life! How are your days spent?
















2 comments:

Christene @ MommaBird said...

Love it!

I always feel like these are kinda boring to document but I always love looking back and seeing just what life was like at this moment.

Marcie Chavez said...

What a good idea for blog post! I think some people wonder what we possibly do with our time as SAHMs but I feel like our days go by quickly :-)