Thursday, January 31, 2013

Home

What makes a home a home?

As I sit here staring at my bare walls and floor covered in moving boxes, I can't help but think that my home, without all this stuff... Almost naked on the inside... is now just a house, not home anymore.

I keep wondering when our new house will feel like home and not somebody else's home or not just a house. We haven't even gotten there yet, but to me, when I see it in my head it is someone else's. hopefully as we get settled in it will slowly become our home. I am super excited that we are putting in new carpet because I feel like it will make it more ours. The more little changes we can do to make it feel like our space the happier I will be.

I have my work cut out for me.... Poor Colin is sick and miserable. Our furniture and everything gets delivered on Monday... Ryan's first day of work. Luckily my folks are coming up to help us with the move, but they leave Tuesday. So I envision me with a bunch of boxes and a sick kid for the rest of the week! We also haven't set up our Internet yet so I maybe MIA for a bit! But I am excited to find a place for everything in our new house and to get organized!


Here's to turning a house into a home... One box at a time!

PS. I worry a lot about Colin getting reacquainted with a new house. I know he is young and he probably won't care, but I like to worry so... Yeah. I sure hope it doesn't affect him too much. But I know one thing he will love... Every room as low windows that look out our backyard and he is obsessed with our dog... So he should thoroughly enjoy that!

No comments: