Monday, August 6, 2012

Zucchini dinner

So I am not one to post food blogs... but today I couldn't help it!  My boss gave me a GIANT zucchini from his garden and so I went to down on zucchini cooking today!  I made a chocolate zucchini cake and my signature recipe that I call, zucchini garlic shrimp pasta.


Not going to lie I got the zucchini cake recipe from the Internet...
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-zucchini-cake-iii/




But I made some changes, I split the oil in half with applesauce and instead of grating the zucchini (too much work) I pureed it. :)  I also didn't add nuts (Yuck!) and put chocolate chips in instead... mmm!  It came out very good! I was nervous cause my electricity went off half way through its cooking, but it still turned out scrumptious!


Next is my signature dish that I typically make once a week.

Brown Zucchini and garlic

I saved some puree from the cake to use as a sauce for the pasta and added some garlic powder

Boil pasta as zucchini is cooking

Add salad shrimp to zucchini and garlic... I use salad shrimp cause it doesn't have to be peeled and is already cooked


Combine the two and I put some grated cheese on top and Serve!

 Colin also had squash and turkey... but he had FOUR servings of pasta and zucchini and then some apples for dessert!


No comments: